Special Requests LACF- CRC
- Please fill out the Special Request form. The form can be downloaded here: http://www.bu.edu/orc/forms/forms-animal-care/
- This should be typed and submitted online when possible to firstname.lastname@example.org
- This should be submitted, at least 24 hours prior to the activity being needed.
- Prior to a weekend or holiday these should be submitted by Thursday at 4 PM.
- For food and water related requests please try to stay consistent with the following color coding:
- Red Dots on the cage card and form mean: PI feeds during the week & LACF staff feeds number of pellets indicated on the red dot during weekends and holidays.
- Green Dots on the cage card and form mean: on water deprivation. PI, removes and adds water bottle to the animal.
- Orange Dots on the cage card and form mean: special water mix, eg antibiotic
- Blue Dots on the cage card and form means: delay in time of day for limited food.
- Yellow Dots on the cage card and form means: no food 7 days a week. To be fed by the researcher at all times. This can also be used to indicate a specific day of the week the LACF is not to feed the animals.