**Find AMNESP on Facebook!**
PhD Program Requirements
Please refer to our PhD Program Requirements Page for detailed information on the use of these forms.
Dissertation Defense and Submission
- Dissertation Defense (Final Oral Examination) Committee
- Dissertation Defense Abstract Approval Form
- Schedule of the Final Oral Exam Form
- Research Guide for Writers of Theses and Dissertations and Electronic Submission-ProQuest
Continuing Study Registration Forms
Please refer to the Graduate School’s website for detailed information on the registration process.
For students who have completed their coursework
Conference Funding Request Form
Please complete this form and submit it to the Director of the American & New England Studies if you are requesting departmental funding towards travel and participation of a scholarly conference.
Petition for Extension of Time to complete Ph.D. Requirements
Please refer to your faculty advisor or the Director of Graduate Study if you believe you may need to petition the Graduate School for an extension of time to complete all of your Ph.D. requirements.
- American Studies PhD Student Handbook
A basic How-To guide for the PhD Program.
- Preservation Studies Student Handbook
A Basic How-To guide for the MA Program.
Useful University Contacts
- The University Service Center
The University’s best kept secret for questions or problems that don’t seem to “fit”
- The Student Link
The main navigation page for students.
The hub for course management.
- BU Campus Maps
The University’s google-run map. Has helpful tabs showing up-to-date shuttle locations, local restaurants, bike racks, WiFi service, et cetera.
- The College and Graduate School of Arts & Sciences
CAS Advising Office phone: 617.353.2400
GRS office phone: 617.353.2696
- Mugar Memorial Library
- Student Health Services
Main office phone: 617.353.3575