Admission is competitive and we accept post-Bachelors and post-Masters students to the Ph.D. program. Our admissions committee carefully assesses each candidate’s qualifications on an individual basis. The University requires the GRE exam, but we weigh those scores within the broader context of your college record, recommendations, and personal statement. We make every effort to accommodate applicants who may be returning to study after a period of time spent away from the academy.
Application materials are available for download from the website for the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences.
The following is a checklist of all materials necessary to complete an admissions application:
Note: All Transcripts, Letters of Recommendation, and GRE Scores Must Be Official Copies.
No Photocopies Will Be Accepted.
- Application + fee
- Transcript(s), or official records of each college or university attended
- 3 Letters of Recommendation, in English and at least two must be from university-level faculty members
- GRE Scores, must be an official copy (sent to Institution Code 3087)
- Personal Statement/Statement of Purpose
- Writing Sample
And additionally for international students:
- TOEFL Scores, must be an official copy
- Certified English translations of all transcripts and academic records
- Fall Entrance: January 5th
- NO SPRING ENTRANCE