The Administrative Core coordinates, integrates and oversees all Center activities. Under the leadership of the Center Director, Neil Kowall, MD, this Core determines the allocation of resources for Center activities and works to facilitate Center interactions with the scientific and lay communities, both within the Boston area and nationally. This Core is responsible for ensuring that all Center research complies with human subjects, animal welfare and scientific integrity requirements set forth by the National Institutes of Health (NIH). This Core also ensures that all Core data is routinely submitted to the National Alzheimer’s Coordinating Center (NACC).
- Oversees the Pilot Grant Program
- Leads monthly meetings of the Center’s Executive Committee
- Conducts scientific review for the Center’s pilot grant program
- Leads review of investigator applications for the use of Center resources
- Works with the Core Leaders, Community Advisory Council and External Advisory Board to determine direction and policies of the Center
- Maintains Center database in conjunction with the Data Management Core