Scarlet Key Society Nominations
BU faculty members and administrative staff can nominate students for induction to the Scarlet Key Honor Society, extended to juniors and seniors. Candidates are students who have exhibited exceptional leadership during their years at BU.
Selection is based on excellence in University student activities and organizations, commitment to the individual’s school or college, and scholarship.
• Students may not apply for consideration on their own.
• Nomination letters should be no longer than one typewritten page and must accompany a copy of the official nomination form.
We encourage nominators to reflect on the following criteria when evaluating the quality of a student’s leadership:
• If the nominee has developed or founded a program, organization, or tradition while at BU
• How the student’s work as a leader has enhanced the quality of life on campus
• Whether the nominee has participated in service to the external community as a representative of BU
• Whether he or she has represented BU in the national spotlight, e.g., for academic or athletic honors
• If the student stand out as a leader among other leaders
• Examples of his or her personal character you can provide with the nomination
• How the student has brought honor or recognition to BU and the student’ graduating class