The Allocations Board is an organization on BU’s campus tasked with distributing a portion of the Community Student Fee (CSF) to on- and off-campus events held by undergraduate student organizations. The AB is composed entirely of undergraduates from across BU’s schools, residence halls, and student groups. Though each member attends every Monday night meeting and staffs the office, members receive no compensation other than the joy of subsidizing and encouraging great events.
We hope this site serves both as a resource to groups requesting funding and for students curious about how their CSF is distributed, and how they can become involved in the process.
Please contact us, either through this site or at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns. AB Members also have Office Hours!
- Check out AB’s newest Annual Report for 2014-2015! AB Annual Report 2014-2015
- Congratulations to winners of AB’s Program of the Month Awards! for 2014-2015:
- October: Iota Nu Delta – Be the Change Day
- November: Fashion and Retail Association – Fall Fashion Show, Shanghai Whispers
- February: Unofficial Project & Bulletproof Funk – OVRDRV 5.0
- March: Ballroom Dance – 13th Annual Terrier Dancesport Competition
- April: Zen Community – Dharma Talk
- PROGRAM OF THE YEAR: Fashion and Retail Association – Fall Fashion Show, Shanghai Whispers
- Check the “Minutes” tab to review funding decisions. We aim to have decision uploaded by midnight after AB meeting.
- April Program of the Month Apps are being accepted! Apply now: http://www.bu.edu/allocate/calendar/programofthemonth/
- FOOD POLICY: “The AB will consider funding food provided it is a unique AND educational component relevant to the event. Funding will be further considered if the food supplements cultural and/or religious aspects of the group’s mission and the event. The AB may also fund with the discretion of expected attendance, creativity and other regular funding criteria.”
- Curious about other sources of funding besides AB? Check out what we learned when we spoke to BU undergrad student groups over the summer! Summer Survey Results
- Check out the Charitable Donations Guidelines here.
A Guide to the BU Allocations Board
Please click the “Prezi” icon at the bottom left, the presentation will work on the actual website. Thank you!