- Teaching About Africa in Elementary Schools
Good advice on teaching about Africa and general teaching about others.
- Lesson Plan: To Teach that Africa is not a Country
- Selecting Books on Africa
- Lesson Plan: African Literature Worksheet
- Lesson Plan from Deborah Johnson from the Lakeside School in Seattle, WA
- Travel Blogs Lesson: Students show what they have gathered from a unit of African geography
- Using Photos to teach about Africa
- African Cultural Activities – These activities were co-prepared by the Boston Children’s Museum, BU’s African Studies Center, and a contributor from the activity-specific country for students in grades 4-7. The activities include contributors from Nigeria, Liberia, Ghana, Ethiopia, and Cape Verde, which are the African countries which have the highest population in Boston. The activities included are enjoyed by children in their origin country.
- Teaching About Wildlife
- Traveling Kits
- Kenya Teaching Resources
- Nigeria Teaching Resources
- Lesson Plan: Learning About the Lives of Children in Africa