African Literature Worksheet
As a partnership, read the story. Then answer, as best you can, the following questions about the story:
- Title and author.
- What country is your story about?
- Who are the main characters in the story?
- What can you tell about the country and its people from the story and the pictures? List as many things as you can.
- Do you think the things you listed for question #4 are true for the whole country? Why or why not? (Hint: Find your country on the map of Africa.)
- List any words in the story that are confusing for you. If you think you know the meaning, write it next to the word.
- Retell the story as if you were telling it to someone who has never read the story.
- Mark the country your story is from on the wall map with a “book marker” listing title, author, and country.
Annie Sirkin. Lincoln School, Brookline, Mass.