2016 Summer Student Admissions Representative Application
BU Admissions is looking for Summer Student Admissions Representatives!
What is a Student Admissions Representative?
Boston University Admissions welcomes over 27,000 visitors to campus each summer at the Alan and Sherry Leventhal Center. Each Student Admissions Representative will share their personal experiences with about 2,500 people throughout the summer. Student Admissions Representatives are dedicated, enthusiastic students who enjoy sharing their positive experiences of BU with prospective students and families. BU Admissions is looking for undergraduate students who are not only sincere and personable, but committed to professional development and attention to detail. This is a full time position Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Student Admissions Representatives are responsible for:
- Greeting visitors and assisting them with their visit to the University by answering questions, providing contact information, scheduling and adjusting reservations, making suggestions of things to do and see while on-campus and in Boston, and assisting with administrative duties as assigned by a supervisor or a Summer Coordinator
- Leading hour-long walking tours of the University—often twice a day during our busiest times
- Answering incoming phone calls and emails
- Serve as a student speaker in information sessions
Admissions is looking for enthusiastic, committed and articulate undergraduate students who enjoy working with people and who would like to share their enthusiasm for BU with prospective students and their families.
In this role, a student is the first impression of BU, and as such must be in good academic standing throughout their tenure in the position. A minimum of a 2.5 overall GPA is required, and students on academic probation will not be able to continue serving in Admissions in any capacity.
In addition, all students must be in good judicial and financial standing with Boston University for the duration of their employment in the Admissions Office. Admissions will conduct periodic checks with the appropriate student services offices to verify that these conditions are being met. Finally, students cannot hold another on-campus, paid position throughout the summer even if it does not conflict with work hours.
Students are expected to be available in the spring semester for a pre-training meeting in March, unless they are currently studying abroad. Graduate students and undergraduates graduating in May 2016 are not eligible to apply.
Dates of Employment:
Tuesday, May 17, 2016 – Friday, September 2, 2016
Students may take 6 unpaid vacation days during the period of June 6th through August 12th. The Student Admissions Representative role is a demanding commitment; students may not be employed by any other Boston University office or department between May 16th and September 2nd, 2016.
Mandatory Training Dates:
Friday, March 18th 5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Tuesday, May 17th – Friday, June 3rd 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- On-campus housing from Monday, May 18 – Friday, September 2nd, 2016. Summer Student Admissions Representatives are required to live in on campus housing.
***Please be aware if you are going abroad in the fall semester or moving off-campus that housing is not provided for the final week of work, Monday, August 29-Friday, September 2.
The following documents are required for your application to be complete:
- Unofficial Transcript
- 1 Completed Professional Recommendation form. You can find the professional recommendation form here. This form will serve as your primary recommendation and should be completed by a current or former employer or supervisor. The recommendation does not need to be from a BU faculty or staff member.
- 1 other Faculty/Professional Reference (List Contact Information ONLY). The reference contact information may be from anyone who can speak to your ability to perform the Summer Student Admissions Representative position. The reference does not need to be from a BU faculty or staff member.
Applications are due no later than Monday, February 8. Professional Recommendation forms are due no later than Friday, February 19th.
Once you submit this application a Summer Coordinator will email you with details regarding scheduling an interview.
If you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
Sorry. This form is no longer available.