In quality, variety and flexibility, BU offers one of the best campus dining services in the country. And our menus are as international as our community. Barbecued ribs and freshly made burritos. Fettuccine Alfredo and chicken tikka masala. Stone-baked pizza. European pastries. Vegan and kosher options too.
Want something lighter? Help yourself to sushi or a gourmet salad. Have a smoothie or a cappuccino. For the health-conscious, there are Sargent Choice options, approved by dieticians in the BU Sargent College nutrition program.
Besides the terrific range of everyday choices, we have special culinary events like the Visiting Chef Series, lobster dinner, fondue festival and—loosen your belt—a North End dessert tour.
Almost anywhere you turn, you’re steps away from a great meal or snack:
- Three residence dining rooms with traditional, eat-all-you-like food service, including the two-floor Marciano Commons dining hall, located in the new Yawkey Center for Student Services
- The George Sherman Union Food Court with 13 different restaurants
- Ten restaurants and cafés, including Rize, in locations from FitRec to “The Castle”
- A kosher dining room in Hillel House
- Pizza delivery options provided by two national franchises
- Various food trucks, serving everything from falafel to fries, often parked along Commonwealth Ave.
You can see all your dining options on our campus map. Some open early for breakfast, while others stay open late for night owls.
You can choose from six different dining plans to match your schedule and personal preferences. Each plan offers a specific number of meals per week or semester in residence dining rooms. It also includes dining points you can use to buy food at other campus locations and for pizza delivery.