Multicultural Groups and Events
The India Club and the Brazilian Association. The Minority Engineers Society and Canadian Ehppreciation Club. At BU, thousands of students take pride in their heritage through a wide range of cultural organizations. And thousands more enjoy the performances, lectures and ethnic foods these groups share with our entire community.
- CENA, a celebration of Latin food, takes place every September.
- Culture Fest features performances, activities and events sponsored by a variety of cultural groups in March.
- Fall Gospel Concert celebrates traditional black gospel music.
- Campus Conversations on Race, sponsored by the Baha’i Society, encourages open dialogue on race.
- ISA: The World Is One, sponsored by the Filipino Student Association, showcases traditional dances of nearly a dozen cultural groups.
- The Lives of Others: A Tribute to the Makers of Black History is a collection of song, dance, spoken word and other performances sponsored by UMOJA, BU’s black student union.
- Garba Fest is a Boston-wide event sponsored by the India Club to raise awareness of Garba, a specific Indian dance. The group holds competitions and collaborates with other Indian cultural groups throughout Boston.
- Taste of Culture, hosted by the International Students’ Hospitality Association, showcases the cuisine of countries from around the world.
To learn more about cultural groups on campus, visit the Student Activities Office website.