What’s BU all about? Stand anywhere on campus, close your eyes, and listen.
Wow. There’s a lot to take in. Twenty different languages spoken in a hundred different dialects. Whispers of thoughts your brain hasn’t wrapped itself around yet. Ideas swimming upstream instead of down. And that’s just for starters. You’ll also hear:
The crackles of electricity as students and teachers connect.
- Study and conduct research alongside a MacArthur genius, Fulbright Scholar, or Pulitzer Prize winner.
- Seventy-eight percent of our faculty have a PhD or equivalent. Don’t be shy about tapping into all that brainpower!
- Undergraduate Research Opportunities (UROP) allow you to participate in hands-on research with faculty.
The buzzing sound of the whole world spinning around you.
- Boston is one of the top three destinations in the U.S. for international students to study which means BU students come from all over the world.
- Our Study Abroad program offers 90 life-changing opportunities in over 25 countries.
- At BU, you’ll find a global curriculum taught by faculty with global perspectives.
The rhythm of a city pulsing with life.
- Boston is your campus. Embrace its culture, its rich history, and the excitement of new discoveries and breakthroughs that occur almost every day.
- Internship opportunities are all around you, too. The financial sector, health care, law, entertainment, marketing, teaching, research. It’s all here. And we’ll help you take advantage of it.
- With more than 125,000 college students in the Boston area, meeting new people and experiencing new things will never be a problem.
Like what you hear so far? Look around this site a bit more and you’ll quickly understand why BU is ranked in the top 4 percent of all universities in this country. And why you should give some serious thought about attending here.