Visa Information

To enter the United States to study, you’ll need a visa—usually an F-1 Student Visa. To apply for it, you must submit to the United States Embassy or Consulate in your own country:

  • A valid Form I-20 Certificate of Eligibility
  • A passport
  • Evidence of financial support

If you are admitted to Boston University and chose to enroll and have submitted evidence of financial support, a Form I-20 will be issued.

View further information on acquiring a Student Visa here.