September Transfer Student Checklist
Awesome!—I was admitted… Now what?
September may seem far away, but there’s still a lot to do after being admitted. Below are important next steps for you to take before September.
- Join the Fall 2015 Transfer Students Facebook group.
- Share the great news: tweet that you’re in! #newterriers
- Visit the admitted student website for a glimpse of life at BU
- Learn about your guaranteed on-campus housing
- Submit your enrollment deposit (see your deposit voucher for the due date)
- Accept your Financial Assistance award (if applicable)
- Create your BU email account (watch for an email with instructions)
- Submit your BU Alert contact information on the Student Link
- Ask your school to send your final college transcript
- Submit course syllabi (if you haven’t already) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submit your health form and Certificate of Immunization
- RSVP to attend the May 8 Open House or attend an information session for transfer students (learn more on the events for transfer students website)
- Schedule a visa appointment at the US Embassy (international students only)
- Attend the mandatory Transfer Registration program (Orientation) on July 29-31, 2015* (visit the University Orientation website to learn more)
- Pay your first-semester tuition in August
- Attend the mandatory International Orientation session taking place August 26-29, 2015 (international students only)
*International transfer students should attend the International Orientation session in August.
- Start classes on Wednesday, September 2, 2015