About the CGS Boston-London Program
- Get ready to begin your studies in Boston in January 2019, followed by a six-week term in London that will complete your first year by the end of the summer. All of this adds up to two cities and one inimitable first-year student experience that will change your life forever.
- Approximately 600 students will participate in the program, but you will be taught in a cohort of about 80 classmates, ensuring tight-knit relationships with your professors and a chance to form lasting friendships. When you travel abroad to London, you will also travel with the same group of faculty and students for a seamless experience.
- You are guaranteed housing both on campus in Boston and at BU’s London campus, located in the heart of Kensington.
- You’ll have the chance to explore the intersection of a variety of academic disciplines thanks to the program’s interdisciplinary curriculum which covers the social sciences, humanities, and rhetoric.
- While studying in Boston, the program will focus on courses on “Revolutions: Changing Times, Changing Minds.” You’ll be introduced to notable Boston landmarks such as the Museum of Fine Arts, Walden Pond, and the town of Concord. You’ll also meet local experts on topics related to your studies.
- In London, you will gain a global perspective through studying “the century of change (1850-1950)” as well as today’s digital revolution. You’ll also take part in side trips such as Oxford and other locations outside the city that will provide an unmatched interdisciplinary approach to learning. Your London studies will tie into a Capstone project at the end of your Sophomore year.
- Throughout the program, you will receive one-on-one guidance from your academic advisor and work distinguished CGS faculty. When you travel abroad to London, you will also travel with the same group of faculty and students for a seamless experience.
- You’ll continue to study in CGS during your sophomore year and take electives in your field(s) of interest. In your junior year, you will transition seamlessly into the BU school or college of your choice to earn your degree.
- The gap semester provides you with a unique opportunity to discover yourself through work, volunteerism, travel, or internships. The best part? You’ll have the advantage of a gap semester while still staying on track toward earning a degree in four years. All while gaining global perspectives and becoming ready to live, lead, and adapt in an interconnected world.
Learn more about the program on the CGS programs website