Study Abroad Programs
One of the best ways to enhance your education at Boston University could be to spend some time several thousand miles away. Madrid? Shanghai? Venice, perhaps?
Finding an opportunity won’t be hard, but choosing your favorite might be. BU is one of the premier (and one of the first) study-abroad universities in the U.S. We have more than 90 programs in over 25 countries—programs in languages, liberal arts, fine arts, business, engineering and science. Our variety of study and work options is unmatched.
Here’s a small sample of the ways you can combine intellectual adventures with practical experience:
- Explore the stage in the London Acting Program at the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Arts for College of Fine Arts students
- Fulfill course requirements at the Dresden Engineering Program, designed for second-semester sophomores in engineering
- Uncover the diverse Ecuadorian ecosystems in the Ecuador Tropical Ecology Program for biology and environmental science majors
- Participate in Summer Travel Writing in Australia, structured around a 12-day research trip from the ocean to the outback
- Follow internship tracks in either International Relations, History and Politics or Public Health with the Geneva Internship Program
- Study modern Arabic and participate in service learning with organizations such as Amnesty International in Morocco with the Rabat Language and Liberal Arts Program
- Spend a semester studying ecosystems of Ecuador with biology and environmental science majors
- Teach English in Mumbai with School of Education students
- Discover Japanese language at the Kyoto Consortium for Japanese Studies (KCJS)
For more information about current offerings, visit our BU Study Abroad website.