How do you spend quality time with Pulitzer Prize winners, Guggenheim Scholars, and Sloan Research Fellows? Two words: office hours.
At BU, our professors aren’t here to lecture for an hour or two and then take off until next week’s class. They’re here to engage you. In classrooms, labs, and in their offices. They want to meet you, to challenge and inspire you on a daily basis. By the way, they also want you to do the same for them. So just because a professor has a Nobel Prize on his desk or a Pulitzer on her shelf, that doesn’t mean you’re not allowed to drop by. It just means your conversation is going to be pretty amazing.
Faculty Fast Facts & Figures
- Four Nobel Prize winners (Sheldon Glashow, Osamu Shimomura, Daniel Tsui, and Elie Wiesel)
- A former U.S. Poet Laureate (Robert Pinsky)
- A MacArthur Fellow (Nancy Kopell)
- A two-time Pulitzer Prize winner (Tom Fiedler)
- A recipient of the Presidential Citizens Award for accomplishment in medicine and health (Charles DeLisi, for his work initiating the Human Genome Project)
- A two-time winner of the PEN/Faulkner Literary Award (Ha Jin)
- A recipient of the Broderick Award for Excellence in Research (Yrjo Koskinen)
- A winner of the Latino Literature Prize for Fiction (Alicia Borinsky)
- A two-time Emmy Award winner (Robert Zelnick)
- 47 Guggenheim Fellows
- 24 Fellows of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences
- 10 members of the National Academies of Science and of Engineering
- More than 30 Sloan Research Fellows
- 7 National Academy of Inventors Fellows
- 6 Rhodes Scholars
Learn more about our award-winning faculty.