School of Public Health School Policy
Cross-Registration within the University
Cross-registration within the University and with Boston-Area Consortia schools follows the stipulations of the Transfer Credit Policy.
Cross-Registration with Other Universities
The School of Public Health participates in the Boston-Area Consortia agreement. Registration in the Boston-Area Consortia is a formal agreement between Boston University and several local colleges and universities whereby BU students can attend courses at other institutions, and students from other institutions can attend courses at BU. The primary schools in the cross-registration consortium are Boston College, Brandeis University, Tufts University, and Hebrew College. There is a limited agreement with the Women’s Studies Program at Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
The following are some general guidelines:
- Students are eligible to cross-register for one course per semester.
- Students may not register for LAW, MED-MD, SDM, PDP, or online courses.
- Cross-registration is only available during the Fall and Spring semesters; no summer cross-registration.
- Only matriculated students are eligible for cross-registration.
- Students are charged by their home institution.
- Part-time BU students will be charged the standard part-time tuition rate.
- Full-time BU students who exceed 18 credits will be charged the standard part-time tuition rate.
For more information, visit Cross Registration.