Incomplete Coursework

School of Hospitality Administration Policy

The grade of “Incomplete” may only be assigned if the instructor and student agree to the terms of a contract. The incomplete contract must be signed by both instructor and student and then returned to the SHA Academic Advising office, 928 Commonwealth Avenue, Room 307. The student has until the last day of the following semester from the date of the contract, or a time of the instructor’s choosing, to resolve the terms of the contract. If the student fails to do so within the specified time, the “I” grade will be changed to an “F.” If the work is successfully completed within the specified time frame, the instructor will submit a grade change form, replacing the “I” grade with the appropriate grade earned.

The grade received for a repeated course does not replace the grade for the original course; both grades are computed in the student’s grade point average and credit will only be awarded once for the same course taken twice.