Incomplete Coursework

University Policy

School of Education Policy

In the School of Education, students must complete an “Incomplete Grade Contract.” This contract should be filled out by both the student and instructor to dictate the completion deadline and circumstances of an Incomplete grade. Both student and instructor will need to sign this form and the signed form should be returned to the SED Student Records Office, Room 115, for processing. Incomplete grades should not be awarded without this contract.

Students have one year to resolve the terms of the contract or the grade will become the grade earned at the time the “I” grade was issued.

(College of Arts & Sciences policy: If a student fails to complete the required coursework by the deadline date set by the appropriate instructor, or within 12 months from the date the “I” grade was assigned, whichever comes first, the “I” grade is automatically and permanently changed to a grade of “F.”)