College of Health & Rehabilitation Sciences: Sargent College
Sargent College consists of four departments: Health Sciences, Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy & Athletic Training, and Speech, Language & Hearing Sciences. Each undergraduate and graduate program aims to prepare students for careers in their field of interest.
The College’s professional programs are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND), the Council on Academic Accreditation in Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology (CAA) of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA), the Commission on Accreditation for Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE), and the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE). Its Occupational Therapy program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE) of the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA).
Sargent College offers a variety of degrees that reflects the wide range of its students’ levels, from bachelor’s and master’s degrees to doctoral and certificate programs. Fieldwork is an important component in all programs at Sargent College. To provide students with clinical experience, the College partners with hospitals, rehabilitation centers, schools, community health agencies, and research laboratories in the Boston area and throughout the United States.
Students in each program have the opportunity to work with faculty members in the following research and teaching facilities:
- Cytoskeleton & Signaling Laboratory
- Genomics and Decision Sciences Laboratory
- India Research and Outreach Initiative
- Muscle Biology Laboratory
- Muscle Disorders and Regenerative Biology Laboratory
- The Neural Systems Laboratory
- Quantitative Neuroscience Laboratory
- Center for Psychiatric Rehabilitation
- Families & Autism Research Lab
- Kids in Context Research Lab
- Motor Development Lab
- Youth and Young Adult Empowerment and Learning Lab
Physical Therapy and Athletic Training
- Barreca Motion Analysis Laboratory
- Center for Enhancing Activity & Participation among Persons with Arthritis (ENACT)
- Center for Neurorehabilitation
- Coordination Dynamics Laboratory
- Human Adaptation Laboratory
- NeuroMuscular Research Center