College of Health & Rehabilitation Sciences: Sargent College
Sargent College consists of four departments: Health Sciences, Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy & Athletic Training, and Speech, Language & Hearing Sciences. Each undergraduate and graduate program aims to prepare and train its students for occupations in their field of interest.
The College’s professional programs are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND), the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA), the Commission on Accreditation for Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE), and the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE). Its Occupational Therapy program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE) of the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA).
Sargent College offers a variety of degrees that reflects the wide range of its students’ levels, from bachelor’s and master’s degrees to doctoral and certificate programs. Fieldwork is an important component in all programs at Sargent College. To provide students with clinical experience, the College partners with hospitals, rehabilitation centers, schools, community health agencies, and research laboratories in the Boston area and throughout the United States.
Students in each program have the opportunity to work with and learn from faculty members in the following research and teaching facilities:
- Cytoskeleton & Signaling Laboratory
- Genomics and Decision Sciences Laboratory
- India Research and Outreach Initiative
- Muscle Biology Laboratory
- Muscle Disorders and Regenerative Biology Laboratory
- The Neural Systems Laboratory
- Quantitative Neuroscience Laboratory
Physical Therapy and Athletic Training
- Barecca Motion Analysis Laboratory
- Clinical Movement Sciences Laboratory
- Coordination Dynamics Laboratory
- Human Adaptation Laboratory
Speech, Language & Hearing Sciences
- Aphasia Research Laboratory
- Child Language Laboratory
- Language Science Laboratory
- Neural Prosthesis Lab
- Psychoacoustics Lab
- Sensorimotor Rehabilitation Engineering Lab
- Speech Lab
- Speech Perception Lab
- Swallowing Disorders Lab
Graduate students also have access to research and training opportunities through the Center for Psychiatric Rehabilitation, a federally funded research and training center that is also a World Health Organization collaborating center.