Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Pre-Medical Studies
NOTE: This site is an archive of 2012–2013 programs and policies at Boston University Metropolitan College. If you are looking for current information about Metropolitan College and its programs, please go to our official website.
In conjunction with the College of Arts & Sciences, this certificate program permits those with bachelor’s degrees to pursue the course requirements for admission to medical school and other health career programs. Students are required to have at least a 3.3 undergraduate grade point average for admission to this certificate program.
To receive the certificate, students must take at least eight of the following 11 courses in the pre-medical course sequence or approved substitutions at Boston University:
- CAS MA 121 Calculus for the Life and Social Sciences I
- CAS MA 122 Calculus for the Life and Social Sciences II
- MET MA 123 Calculus I
- MET MA 124 Calculus II
- MET PY 105, 106 Elementary Physics
- MET CH 101 General Chemistry I
- MET CH 102 General Chemistry II
- MET CH 203 Organic Chemistry I
- MET CH 204 Organic Chemistry II
- MET BI 107 Biology I
- MET BI 108 Biology II
Certificate students are eligible for assistance and letters of recommendation from the Pre-Medical Advising office in the College of Arts & Sciences.