Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Pre-Medical Studies
In conjunction with the College of Arts & Sciences, this certificate program permits those with bachelor’s degrees to pursue the course requirements for admission to medical school and other health career programs. Students are required to have at least a 3.3 undergraduate grade point average for admission to this certificate program.
To receive the certificate, students must take at least eight of the following 11 courses in the pre-medical course sequence or approved substitutions at Boston University:
- CAS MA 121 Calculus for the Life and Social Sciences I
- CAS MA 122 Calculus for the Life and Social Sciences II
- MET MA 123 Calculus I
- MET MA 124 Calculus II
- MET PY 105, 106 Elementary Physics
- MET CH 101 General Chemistry I
- MET CH 102 General Chemistry II
- MET CH 203 Organic Chemistry I
- MET CH 204 Organic Chemistry II
- MET BI 107 Biology I
- MET BI 108 Biology II
Certificate students are eligible for assistance and letters of recommendation from the Pre-Medical Advising office in the College of Arts & Sciences.