View courses in
- All Departments
- African American Studies
- African Studies
- American & New England Studies
- Classical Studies
- Cognitive & Neural Systems
- Comparative Literature
- Computer Science
- Earth & Environment
- Editorial Studies
- History of Art & Architecture
- International Relations
- Marine Science
- Mathematics & Statistics
- Modern Languages & Comparative Literature: German
- Modern Languages: Language Learning & Teaching
- Modern Languages: Portuguese
- Molecular Biology, Cell Biology & Biochemistry
- Political Science
- Psychological & Brain Sciences
- Religious Studies (including Religion)
- Romance Studies: French Language & Literature
- Romance Studies: Hispanic Language & Literatures
- Romance Studies: Italian
- Women’s, Gender, & Sexuality Studies
GRS HI 877: Problems in African History
A research seminar in comparative urban history which focuses on, but will not be limited to, cities in Africa. Each student is our resident expert on the history of a city of his or her choice.
GRS HI 900: Dissertation Writing
Graduate Prerequisites: dissertation level in History.
A workshop designed for students writing a dissertation that provides them with critical responses to their work and addresses important issues associated with becoming a professional historian.
GRS HI 901: Directed Study: American History
Directed Study on a topic in American History.
GRS HI 902: Directed Study: European History
Directed study on a topic in European History
GRS HI 903: Directed Study: African History
Directed study on a topic in African history.
GRS HI 905: Directed Study: Middle Eastern History
Directed study on a topic in Middle Eastern history.
GRS HI 957: Directed Study: American Economic History
Directed study on a topic in American economic history.
GRS HI 959: Directed Research: American History
Directed research on a topic in American history.
GRS HI 967: Directed Research: European History
Directed research on a topic in European history.
GRS HI 978: Directed Study: South Asian History
Directed study on a topic in South Asian history.