Materials Science & Engineering
- Minor in Materials Science & Engineering
- MEng in Materials Science & Engineering
- MS in Materials Science & Engineering
- PhD in Materials Science & Engineering
Everything you see and use on a daily basis, from computers and televisions to cars, cell phones, and refrigerators, is comprised of different materials. Materials Science & Engineering (MSE) allows you to study this wide variety and discover inventive ways to use and manufacture materials such as ceramics, polymers, semiconductors, metals, composites, nanomaterials, and more to create better, more effective products.
For undergraduates, the program offers a Materials Science & Engineering minor, which can be used to supplement your studies in another major field of study and provide you with a foundation in the discipline. Your coursework covers a range of topics from the basics of materials science and processing to thermodynamics, electrochemistry, and solid-state physics.
The Spring application deadline is October 1 for all applicants. We do not accept PhD applications for the Spring Semester.
Our Fall deadlines are as follows:
- December 15—PhD applications from international and domestic students who wish to be considered for financial aid. International student applications to the MS and MEng programs who wish to be considered for financial aid.
- January 15—MS, MEng, or LEAP applications for domestic students who wish to be considered for financial aid.
- March 15—MS and MEng applications from students who are not seeking financial aid.