University Policy

Within the University

If space is available and if permitted by the school or college giving the course, students may cross-register and receive degree credit for courses outside their school or college of registration. In most cases, a student’s advisor must approve cross-registration selections. Courses offered by Metropolitan College may require special permission.

With Other Universities

Several schools and colleges within Boston University have formal, cooperative arrangements for cross-registration at nearby institutions. Information and permission may be obtained from the student’s school or college.

College of Engineering Policy

Students may cross-register for one course per semester. Students may cross-register at Boston College, Brandeis University, Tufts University, Hebrew College, and the Boston Architectural Center. Contact the Office of the University Registrar for more information.