Withdrawal, Leave of Absence, and Reinstatement

University Policy

College of Communication Graduate Student Policy

Graduate students who wish to take a Leave of Absence or to withdraw from the University must file the appropriate paperwork with the Assistant Dean of Graduate Affairs. If a student is reinstated from suspension, the student will be reinstated on probation. The student must be registered for a full-time course load and receive a 3.0 GPI or higher and meet all of the mandatory probation contract requirements. If the student does not, he or she will be dismissed from Boston University and the College of Communication.