Incomplete Coursework

University Policy

College of Fine Arts Policy

An incomplete grade (I) is used only when the student has conferred with the instructor prior to the submission of grades and there are mutually acceptable reasons for the incomplete work. The instructor and student must sign a joint statement indicating the nature of the work and the date by which the work must be completed. If the work is not completed within 12 months of the last day of instruction in the semester in which the incomplete grade is given, then the grade is permanently changed to an F (Fail, no credit) grade.