Minor in Psychology
CAS PS 101 or equivalent.
- Students must complete five psychology courses with a grade of C or higher.
- Three of these must be selected from courses at the 300 level or higher, including one experimental course (CAS PS 322 to 328).
- The choice of principal courses must include at least one course from each of the broad content groups (A and B) listed below. Group A consists of courses in perception, physiological psychology, learning, and cognition. Group B consists of courses in development, personality, and social and abnormal psychology.
- CAS PS 205 Memory and Brain
- CAS PS 222 Perception and Behavior
- CAS PS 231 Physiological Psychology
- CAS PS 234 Psychology of Learning
- CAS PS 333 Drugs and Behavior
- CAS PS 336 Introduction to Cognitive Psychology
- CAS PS 337 Memory Systems of the Brain
- CAS PS 338 Neuropsychology
- CAS PS 339 (formerly PS 202) Introduction to Cognitive Neuroscience
- CAS PS 241 Developmental Psychology
- CAS PS 243 Life Span Developmental Psychology in Health and Illness
- CAS PS 251 Psychology of Personality: Theories and Application
- CAS PS 261 Social Psychology
- CAS PS 367 Organizational and Industrial Psychology
- CAS PS 370 Psychology of the Family
- CAS PS 371 Abnormal Psychology
Please note: students may elect to take either PS 241 or PS 243 but not both.
It is possible to transfer, from outsde of CAS, a maximum of two courses toward the five principal courses required for completion of the psychology minor. Courses taken outside of Boston University, as well as at Metropolitan College, are considered transfer courses. Please note that psychology courses taken through Boston University’s Summer Term designated with the same numbers and titles as those offered in CAS are not considered transfer courses. Prior departmental approval of all transfer courses in psychology is required (see Dr. Joanne Hebden Palfai, director of undergraduate studies, in CAS Room 149B).
Required Related Course
CAS MA 115, MA 213, or PS 211 with a grade of C or higher. Note: only one of CAS MA 113, MA 115, and MA 213 may be taken for credit. CAS MA 113 does not fulfill the psychology statistics requirement for the psychology minor.