BA in Philosophy & Psychology
With the Philosophy & Psychology joint major, students encounter a rigorous analysis of their ways of thinking and acting. The mental rigor and investigative habits developed through their philosophical education are focused on exploring the different aspects of psychology.
At least six courses in philosophy and six in psychology, with a grade of C or higher, are required. All required courses are 4 credits unless otherwise indicated.
In philosophy the following is required:
- CAS PH 300 History of Ancient Philosophy
- CAS PH 310 History of Modern Philosophy
- Any two of CAS PH 239, 241, 265, 266, 270, 443, 465, 477, 487
- Two courses in philosophy (PH) above the 100 level
In psychology the following is required:
- CAS PS 101
- CAS MA 115/116; or CAS PS 211
- One course in Psychology Group A
- One course in Psychology Group B
- One course in Psychology (PS) at the 300 level or higher
- One course in Experimental psychology
Additional requirement: at least one of the above courses must be at the 400 level or higher.