Minor in Business Administration & Management
The minor in business administration is designed for the student who wants a general introduction to the concepts and functions of management. Courses in mathematics and computer science are recommended, but not required, for the minor.
The courses required for the minor are as follows:
- CAS EC 101 Introductory Microeconomic Analysis (4 cr.)
- CAS EC 102 Introductory Macroeconomic Analysis (4 cr.)
- SMG AC 221 Financial Accounting (4 cr.)
- SMG AC 222 Managerial Accounting (4 cr.)
- SMG FE 101 Introduction to Finance* (4 cr.)
- SMG OB 221 The Dynamics of Leading Organizations (4 cr.)
- SMG SM 131 Business, Society, and Ethics* (4 cr.)
- SMG SM 221 Probabilistic and Statistical Decision Making for Management (4 cr.)
Note: It is highly recommended that non-SMG students take SMG SM 131 and FE 101 concurrently. SMG SM 131 is a prerequisite for all other SMG courses in the minor. SMG AC 221 is a prerequisite for SMG AC 222, and CAS MA 121 (or MA 123) is a corequisite for SMG SM 221.
*Students who began the Business Administration & Management minor before the Fall 2013 semester will substitute SMG SM 299 for SMG SM 131 and SMG FE 101.
Students must receive a grade of C– or higher in each course taken toward the minor, including CAS EC 101 and EC 102. Students must take six courses in the School of Management to fulfill the minor’s residency requirement. SMG SM 299 counts as two of the six courses for students who took it.