Boston University students have the opportunity to directly enroll at one of Europe’s top universities, the University of Copenhagen, for a semester or an academic year. This exchange program will be of interest to students in all undergraduate fields, especially political science, history, economics, international relations, psychology, and sociology, among many others. During their time in Denmark, students will stay in dorms on campus or rent rooms. There is no prior language requirement, and instruction is available in both English and Danish.
Requirements & Considerations
Exchange students must take 30 ECTS credits per semester while studying at the University of Copenhagen, which is equivalent to 15 or 16 BU credits. Most exchange students take four 4 credit (7.5 ECTS) courses per semester. Exchange students are also encouraged to participate in the Pre-semester Danish Language Course.
Housing & Student Services
- University Housing is available to exchange students. Exchange students that complete the housing application are guaranteed a room in one of the student residences.
- Student residence halls or shared apartments are located throughout the city
- Variety in accommodation style among the university residences. Residence halls have singles or doubles with a shared kitchen. Most apartments are single rooms with shared living area and kitchen.
- All rooms rented out through the University of Copenhagen Housing Foundation are fully furnished, and the kitchens are equipped with basic utensils
- Housing is paid directly to the University of Copenhagen Housing Foundation; board is not included
- University dining facilities available; no meal plans, pay per meal
- Laundry available in each residence or apartment building
- Fall Semester: mid August to late December
Students can make arrangements to take early exams.
- Spring Semester: late January to late June
- Fall Semester & Academic Year: March 15
- Spring Semester: September 15
Notification of admission begins after the application deadline.
Cost & Financial Considerations
- 2018/2019 Tuition: $26,620 per semester
Cost includes tuition, overseas medical insurance, and emergency evacuation coverage
- Estimated program budget including cost of living expenses.
- Financial aid available