Boston University students have the opportunity to take classes through the Keio International Program for the academic year or spring semester only, if spaces are available. Various courses taught in English are offered in all aspects of Japanese history, society, culture as well as courses with a focus on international relations, commerce, and governance. Students may also take some coursework in Japanese language. During their time in Japan, students live on campus in Keio residence halls.
Requirements & Considerations
Housing & Student Services
- Student dormitories
- Single rooms with a shared kitchen
- All Keio residences are fully furnished, and the kitchens are equipped with basic utensils
- Housing is paid directly to Keio; Board is not included
- University dining facilities available; some dormitories have meal plans during the week and others do not, pay per meal
- Laundry available in each residence
- Academic Year: mid September to mid July
- Spring Semester (if space is available): late March to late July
Please note that this exchange is only offered as an academic year program, or for the Spring Semester.
- Academic Year: March 15
- Spring Semester (if space is available): September 15
Review of applications will begin according to the following timetable. Notification of admissions begins after the application deadline.
Cost & Financial Considerations
- 2018/2019 Tuition: $26,620 per semester
Cost includes tuition, international medical insurance, and emergency evacuation coverage.
- Estimated program budget, including cost of living expenses.
- Financial aid available