The Singapore Management University exchange programs offers Boston University undergraduate students the opportunity to directly enroll at Singapore Management University (SMU) for a semester and attend a wide variety of courses taught in English. SMU is one of the leading universities in Singapore and the exchange provides BU students with the opportunity to increase their understanding of a country with strong cultural, economic and historical ties to the US. Students can select from a variety of courses from the SMU Schools of Accountancy, Business, Economics, Information Systems, Law, and Social Sciences.
Requirements & Considerations
- All students must enroll according to, and remain in compliance with, the Boston University Study Abroad Course Load Policy.
- Eligible students must have achieved sophomore standing or higher prior to participation. For details, see the SMU Exchange Eligibility website.
- Admission requirements for all programs
Courses completed at Singapore Management University by BU students as part of this exchange will be counted as BU courses and applied to the student's degree requirements as determined in consultation with each student’s academic advisor or the advising staff of the student’s college or school.
Housing & Student Services
- SMU leased student apartments are available but not guaranteed to exchange students; apartments are located nearby campus and consist of one or two double rooms with a shared living area, kitchen and bathroom
- SMU also recommends a variety of independent off-campus student residences in the area surrounding campus; single, double, and triple rooms are available. More information on accommodation at SMU can be found on the SMU Exchange website.
- Housing is arranged by the student and paid directly to the residence; board is not included
- Students have access to SMU’s library, swimming pool, fitness gym, and other campus facilities
- Fall Semester: Mid-August to Early-December
- Spring Semester: Early-January to Late-April
- Fall Semester: March 15
- Spring Semester: September 15
Notification of admission begins after the application deadline.
Cost & Financial Considerations
- 2018/2019 Tuition & Fees: $26,620
- Cost includes tuition, overseas medical insurance, and emergency evacuation coverage
- Budget sheet, including cost of living expenses
- Financial aid available