Boston University students have the opportunity to directly enroll at Sabancı University for a semester or academic year. Located just outside Istanbul, Sabancı University is the premier private university in Turkey. Boston University students will have access to Sabancı’s numerous campus amenities, including dining halls, residences, fitness center, and educational support resources. During their time in Turkey, students have the option of living on campus in dormitory facilities. Courses are taught in English and are available in a broad range of disciplines.
Requirements & Considerations
- All students must enroll according to, and remain in compliance with, the Boston University Study Abroad Course Load Policy.
- Boston University students only
- Before applying to this program, engineering students must follow the College of Engineering’s instructions for juniors applying to study abroad, complete the Engineering course substitution form, and return it to the ENG Undergraduate Records Office.
- Admission requirements for all programs
Questrom students: Please refer to Questrom’s lists of pre-approved courses and note that this program does not include an internship.
Housing & Student Services
- On-campus student dormitories; most students live on campus but students may live off campus in private housing if they prefer
- Room set-up: doubles or quads; shared common space
- Housing is paid directly to Sabancı; board is not included
- University dining facilities available; no meal plans, pay per meal
- Laundry available in dormitories
- Fall Semester: Mid-September to mid-January
- Spring Semester: Early February to early June
- Academic Year: Mid-September to early June
- Spring Semester: September 15
- Fall Semester: March 15
Cost & Financial Considerations
- 2018/2019 Tuition: $26,620 per semester
Cost includes tuition, international medical insurance, and emergency evacuation coverage
- 2018 to 2019 academic year budget sheet, including cost of living expenses.
- Financial aid available