Boston University students have the opportunity to study for a semester or an academic year at the National University of Singapore (NUS), one of Asia’s leading universities. Students participating in the National University of Singapore Exchange are able to select from a broad range of courses offered at NUS allowing students from a variety of majors at BU to attend. During their time in Singapore, students have the option to live in the National University of Singapore residence halls.
Requirements & Considerations
- All students must enroll according to, and remain in compliance with, the Boston University Study Abroad Course Load Policy.
- Boston University students only
- Before applying to this program, engineering students must follow the College of Engineering’s instructions for juniors applying to study abroad, complete the Engineering course substitution form, and return it to the ENG Undergraduate Records Office.
- Admission requirements for all programs
Housing & Student Services
- University housing is available but not guaranteed to exchange students
- U-Town and Prince George Park are the most common halls for exchange students
- Single rooms with shared kitchens or suite-style apartments; NUS provides some guidance for students to arrange private housing if they prefer or if they are not allocated to university housing.
- All NUS residences are fully furnished; kitchens are equipped with basic utensils
- Housing is paid directly to NUS; board is not included
- University dining facilities available; some residences offer meal plans, others do not, those that do not are pay per meal
- Laundry available in each residence
- Fall Semester: early August to early December
- Spring Semester: early January to early May
- Academic Year: early August to early May
Program participants will be notified of any changes to the program calendar.
- Fall Semester/Academic Year: March 15
- Spring Semester: September 15
Notification of admission begins after the application deadline.
Cost & Financial Considerations
- 2018/2019 Tuition: $26,620
Cost includes tuition, international medical insurance, and emergency evacuation coverage
- Estimated program budget, including cost of living expenses.
- Financial aid available