Instituto Tecnológico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey (Tec de Monterrey) was founded in 1943 and has grown into one of Latin America’s largest and best-regarded universities. With 32 campuses around Mexico, Tec de Monterrey is home to over 90,000 students. The university offers a comprehensive curriculum with courses available in all major disciplines, including pre-professional studies, STEM fields, humanities, and social sciences. BU students may study at either the Monterrey campus, which is home to 14,500 students, or at the Puebla campus, which enrolls about 5,000 students.
Requirements & Considerations
Housing & Student Services
- University housing is available but not guaranteed to exchange students.
- College residences offer single or shared rooms; There are 16 different residences located on-campus or nearby the buildings vary slightly in the accommodation options they offer. None of the residences are co-ed.
- Host family program will allow you to experience the Mexican culture, its customs, and authentic regional cuisine. Living with a host family includes sharing a room with another international student, three meals a day, housekeeping and laundry facilities.
- Off-campus apartments are available, the Tec de Monterrey International Office works with agents to find apartments about 10-15 minutes from campus for interested students.
- Housing is paid directly to Tec de Monterrey; Board is not included
- University dining facilities available; no meal plans, pay per meal
- Fall Semester: early August to early December
- Spring Semester: early January to early May
- Academic Year: early August to mid-May
- Fall Semester/Academic Year: March 15
- Spring Semester: September 15
Notification of admissions begins after the application deadline.
Cost & Financial Considerations
- 2018/2019 Tuition: $26,620
- Cost includes tuition, overseas medical insurance, and emergency evacuation coverage.
- 2018 to 2019 academic year budget sheet, including cost of living expenses.
Please contact the Program Manager with any questions. Financial aid is available.