Institut d’Études Politiques de Paris (Sciences Po) Exchange, Paris, France
The exchange between Boston University and Institut d’Études Politiques de Paris (Sciences Po) makes it possible for well-qualified Boston University students to study at Sciences Po, normally in their junior year.
Sciences Po is well known for its strong programs in political science, international relations, history, economics and philosophy.
Participants also have the opportunity to make the most of their time abroad with CAS IP101 The Global Learning Experience (1 credit), an online, Pass/Fail course with brief readings and experiential assignments that accompany them while living and studying in Paris.
- Boston University students only
- Completion of at least four semesters of undergraduate study before going to Sciences Po
- Previous language study is helpful but not required, as courses may be taken all in French, English, or a mix of both
- Applicants who wish to complete the French certificate program at Sciences Po must have completed at least five semesters of college-level French and must demonstrate a high level of proficiency in the language.
- Admissions requirements for all programs (Students taking all classes in English have no language requirements.)
- Academic Year: late August to late May
- Fall Semester: late August to mid-December
- Spring Semester: mid-January to late May
- The BU Paris Academic Center, including administrative offices and classrooms, is located in the fifteenth arrondissement, within walking distance of the Eiffel Tower. Most students are placed in a French household with their own room and share a meal once-a-week with the family. There is also a limited number of rooms at the Fondation des Etats-Unis, a residence hall in the Cité Universitaire international student complex, which are filled on a first-come, first-served basis. Boston University cannot guarantee students their first choice of housing.
- Academic Year: March 1
- Fall Semester: March 1
- Spring Semester: September 15
Review of applications will begin according to the following timetable. Notification of admissions begins after the application deadline.
The Institut d’Études Politiques de Paris Exchange is administered by staff at Boston University. A program manager oversees the admissions and orientation procedures, and maintains contact with students prior to their arrival in Paris. The Boston office also houses administrative personnel who are responsible for everyday operations. In Paris the staff comprises a director and administrative, academic, and housing personnel.