Dublin Engineering Program
The Dublin Engineering Program offers upper division engineering students the opportunity to take technical and engineering courses through local university study at Dublin City University (DCU).
Students enrolled in this program will choose three engineering courses and one elective course offered by BU’s Dublin Internship Program (The Arts in Ireland or Modern Irish Literature).
- DCU’s admission criteria require Study Abroad students to have a minimum overall GPA of 3.0.
- BU students must have junior standing in the Boston University College of Engineering
- Many courses carry prerequisites
- Before applying to this program, BU students must follow the College of Engineering’s instructions for juniors applying to study abroad, complete the Engineering course substitution form, and return it to the ENG Undergraduate Records Office
- All students must complete the 16-credit program
- Admissions requirements for all programs
- Fall Semester: early September to mid December (Note: Final Exams take place late January in Boston)
Please note that this program is only offered during the fall semester.
- Upon successful completion of the program, students earn sixteen Boston University credits. Students must enroll for a total of sixteen credits.
- Students are housed in suite-style accommodations on or adjacent to the campus of Dublin City University (DCU) in double rooms. Each bedroom is equipped with Internet access, a television, a study desk, and its own bathroom. The suites feature kitchenettes and seating areas, and are in close proximity to BU’s administrative offices, the DCU library, bookstore, and athletic facilities.
Download a description of the Dublin Engineering Program.
Sarah Cooper, Program Manager