Dublin Engineering Program
The Dublin Engineering Program offers upper division engineering students the opportunity to take technical and engineering courses through local university study at Dublin City University (DCU).
Students enrolled in this program will choose three engineering courses and one elective course offered by BU’s Dublin Internship Program (The Arts in Ireland or Modern Irish Literature).
- DCU’s admission criteria require Study Abroad students to have a minimum overall GPA of 3.0. Students with a GPA below a 3.0 may be considered on a case by case basis and should contact BU Study Abroad before applying.
- BU students must have junior standing in the Boston University College of Engineering
- Many courses carry prerequisites
- Before applying to this program, BU students must follow the College of Engineering’s instructions for juniors applying to study abroad, complete the Engineering course substitution form, and return it to the ENG Undergraduate Records Office
- All students must complete the 16-credit program
- Admissions requirements for all programs
- Fall Semester: early September to mid December (Note: Final Exams take place late January in Boston)
Please note that this program is only offered during the fall semester.
- Upon successful completion of the program, students earn sixteen Boston University credits. Students must enroll for a total of sixteen credits.
- Students are housed in residence-hall style accommodations on or adjacent to the campus of Dublin City University (DCU) in single rooms. Each bedroom is equipped with a study desk, wardrobe, and personal sink. The housing features newly renovated bath and shower rooms, kitchens, and lounge areas with flat-screen televisions. It is in close proximity to BU’s administrative office, library facilities, stores, and restaurants.
Download a description of the Dublin Engineering Program.
Corey Smith, Program Manager