The fall semester Dublin Engineering Program offers upper-division engineering students the opportunity to take technical and engineering courses at Dublin City University (DCU). DCU is located three to four miles north of the city center. Students choose three or four engineering courses and one elective course offered by BU’s Dublin Internship Program. Students are housed in accommodations on the campus of DCU and have access to its facilities, services, and student activities. Students have the opportunity to attend excursions and fieldtrips as their class schedule allows.
Requirements & Considerations
- All students must enroll according to, and remain in compliance with, the Boston University Study Abroad Course Load Policy.
- DCU’s admission criteria require Study Abroad students to have a minimum overall GPA of 3.0. Students with a GPA below a 3.0 may be considered on a case-by-case basis and should contact BU Study Abroad before applying.
- BU students must have junior standing in the Boston University College of Engineering. Before applying to this program, BU students must follow the College of Engineering’s instructions for juniors applying to study abroad, complete the Engineering course substitution form, and return it to the ENG Undergraduate Records Office.
- This program is open to non-BU students
- Many courses carry prerequisites
- All students must complete the 16-credit program
- Admissions requirements for all programs
- Non-US citizens are strongly encouraged to apply early in order to allow sufficient time to secure a visa. Obtaining visas may not be possible for applications received within 14 weeks of the program start date. Non-US citizens may contact BU Study Abroad prior to submitting an application to determine if they require a visa for Ireland.
Housing & Student Services
- Board is not included in this program. Students are responsible for budgeting their own cost of meals.
- Dublin City University does have limited dining hall facilities, but it is at the student’s own expense. There are ample grocery stores in the immediate area surrounding the campus.
- Coin-operated laundry facilities are located in the neighboring building to the accommodations on campus. Cost of laundry is not included in the program fee.
- Students have access to many services provided by Dublin City University, including libraries and study spaces. Students are welcome to participate in all DCU social clubs, teams, and organizations. Students who wish to have access to the DCU recreational facilities will be charged a members’ fee.
- Fall Semester: early September to mid December
Please note: This program is only offered during the fall semester.
- Fall Semester: March 15
Cost & Financial Considerations
- 2018/2019 Tuition & Fees: $31,815 per semester
Cost includes tuition, housing, airfare from designated US cities, program related activities, administrative fee, overseas medical insurance, and emergency evacuation coverage.
- 2018 to 2019 academic year budget sheet, including cost of living expenses.
- Financial aid available