Boston University students have the opportunity to directly enroll in Boğaziçi University for a semester or academic year. As one of Turkey’s most competitive state universities, Boğaziçi University offers a wide array of programs, but its strengths lie in engineering, education, social sciences, natural sciences, and the arts. During their time in Turkey, students live on campus in dormitory facilities. All courses are taught in English.
Requirements & Considerations
Housing & Student Services
- University housing is available but not guaranteed to exchange students
- Student dormitory; most exchange students live at the Superdorm located near campus; students can arrange private housing if they prefer or are not guaranteed university housing
- Single rooms, shared common space
- Superdorm rooms are fully furnished; kitchens are equipped with basic utensils
- Housing is paid directly to the Superdorm; board is not included
- University dining facilities available; no meal plans, pay per meal
- Laundry available in each residence
- Fall Semester: Early September to early January
Students can make arrangements to take early exams.
- Spring Semester: Mid-February to early June
- Academic Year: Early September to early June
Program participants will be notified of any changes to the program calendar.
- Spring Semester: September 15
- Fall Semester: March 15
Review of applications will begin according to the following timetable. Notification of admission begins after the application deadline.
Cost & Financial Considerations
- 2018/2019 Tuition: $26,620 per semester
Cost includes tuition, overseas medical insurance, and emergency evacuation coverage
- Estimated program budget, including cost-of-living expenses
- Financial aid available