The Arezzo Physical Theater program offers music, theater, and dance students the chance to study at the Accademia dell’Arte, an internationally recognized institution in Arezzo, Italy. Developed in collaboration with the College of Fine Arts, the Arezzo Physical Theater program trains students in movement, extended vocal techniques, and Italian language. Intensive workshops follow studies in Commedia and an introduction to performance topics, including mask-making and clown. During their time in Italy, students live in Accademia dell’Arte-sponsored accommodations in the Villa Godiola Residence Halls.
Requirements & Considerations
Students enroll in the following five courses:
Housing & Student Services
- Accademia dell’Arte-sponsored accommodations in the Villa Godiola Residence Halls
- Double and triple rooms
- Private bathrooms
- Large rehearsal hall
- “Black box”-type theater space
- Internet point and wireless
- Large formal garden
- Enclosed grounds
- Meals provided on-site when classes are in session
- Spring Semester: late January to early May
Please note: This program is only offered during the spring semester.
- Spring Semester: October 1
Cost & Financial Considerations
- 2018/2019 Tuition and Fees: $34,480
Cost includes tuition, housing, board, airfare from designated US cities, program related activities, administrative fee, international medical insurance, and emergency evacuation coverage.
- 2018 to 2019 academic year budget sheet, including cost of living expenses
- Financial aid available