Arezzo Physical Theater Program
The Accademia dell’Arte is an internationally recognized institution providing students of theater, music, and dance the opportunity for an intensive semester of study with world-renowned masters of their craft. The first half of the program comprises daily training in movement, extended vocal techniques, and Italian language. Intensive workshops follow studies in Commedia and an introduction to performance topics, including mask-making and clown.
In addition to participating in local excursions, students will be guest artists in participating in a professional workshop with Accademia faculty in Naples. Students may also have the opportunity to see professional performances, as well as present their own work generated throughout the semester.
Students enroll in the following five courses:
- CFA TH 314 Voice and Performance (3 credits) (Formerly CFA DR 314.) Syllabus
- CFA TH 326 Commedia dell’Arte (3) (Formerly CFA DR 322.) Syllabus
- CFA TH 328 Extended Performance Topics (3) (Formerly CFA DR 328.) Syllabus
- CFA TH 330 Philosophy of Art and Performance (3) (Formerly CFA DR 330.) Syllabus
- CAS IT 113/114 Beginning Italian Language I/II (4) Syllabus/Syllabus
Download a description of the Arezzo Physical Theater Program.
The Boston University Arezzo program is administered by staff at Boston University. A program manager oversees the admissions and pre-departure procedures, and maintains contact with students prior to their arrival in Arezzo. The Boston office also houses administrative personnel who are responsible for everyday operations.