The BU Study Abroad Ambassador Program* consists of student leader volunteers who are eager to share study abroad stories and experiences, raise awareness and interest in study abroad opportunities, and increase on-campus participation and outreach.
By serving in the BU Study Abroad Ambassador Program, you will develop professional and leadership experience, network with higher education administrators, and harness the power of your passion, which will help you articulate what it means to be a global citizen and allow you to educate your peers about study abroad contributing to your academic, professional and personal growth.
Ambassador responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Represent BU Study Abroad at campus-wide events (i.e. Study Abroad Fall Expo, Parents Weekend events and Prospective Student Open Houses)
- Represent BU Study Abroad during events related to specific programs (i.e. information sessions, pre-departure meetings, college/school specific events and classroom visits)
- Promote study abroad events via word-of-mouth, social media, and on-campus marketing
- Create and/or curate content on social media to promote specific abroad programs
- Attend monthly Ambassador Program meetings and social events
Ambassador qualifications include:
- Ability to holistically reflect upon and articulate a variety of topics from semester(s) abroad
- Maintain a professional demeanor and positive attitude regarding international experiences while representing BU Study Abroad
- Possess strong multi-faceted communication skills
- Passion for and involvement in the BU community through co-curricular and academic organizations
- Reliability and accountability for attending monthly meetings, events, and social gatherings and correspondence with staff members
Interested program participants are asked to fill out the following application. Applications will be accepted until Friday, August 21, 2015 and reviewed throughout the summer for the fall semester. Potential candidates will be notified at the beginning of the fall semester regarding a short interview process.
If you have questions and/or are interested in learning more about the BU Study Abroad Ambassador Program please contact University Relations and Campus Outreach Specialist, Meg Andrews at email@example.com or 617-358-1117.
Applications are no longer being accepted
*BU students only