The BU Study Abroad ambassador program consists of student leader volunteers who are eager to share study abroad stories and experiences, raise awareness and interest in BU Study Abroad opportunities, and increase on-campus participation and outreach.
By serving in the BU Study Abroad Ambassador program, you will develop professional and leadership experience, network with higher education administrators, and harness the power of your passion, which will help you articulate what it means to be a global citizen and allow you to educate your peers about study abroad contributing to your academic, professional and personal growth.
Ambassador responsibilities include:
- Representing BU Study Abroad at campus-wide events (i.e. Fall and Spring Study Abroad expos, Parents Weekend and various other cultural events.)
- Representing BU Study Abroad during events related to specific programs (i.e. information sessions, pre-departure meetings, cultural events, trivia nights)
- Promoting Study Abroad events via word-of-mouth, social media, on-campus marketing
- Creating and/or curating content on social media to promote specific abroad programs
- Writing blog posts on specific topics regarding programs
Ambassador qualifications include:
- Having a positive outlook regarding time abroad
- Recounting stories of appropriate topics from time abroad
- Being influential within the student community
- Possessing strong communication skills
- Maintaining a professional attitude
- Availability for about 5-10 hours a week throughout the semester
The program comprises of an application and short interview process. Applications are below and will be reviewed throughout the summer for the fall semester.
If you have questions and/or are interested in learning more about the BU Study Abroad ambassador program please contact University Relations and Campus Outreach Specialist, Meg Andrews at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-358-1117.